Electing Women Silicon Valley is now Electing Women Bay Area! A new website is under construction. Please check back soon.
Electing Women Silicon Valley (EWSV) supports Democratic women candidates running for U.S. Senate and Governor’s offices across the country in 2018. As a federal Political Action Committee (PAC), EWSV organizes small, intimate fundraisers for our members, with unprecedented access to the candidates.
The best part is, we do all the work. We research and vet the candidates, focusing on the most viable races. We send regular communications to members that include political updates and host non-fundraising events and calls related to the cause. EWSF creates meaning and intention around political giving, allowing our collective work to be as effective as possible.
As an EWSV member, you join a community of like-minded donors who come together regularly to share in support of women running for office (think of it as a giving circle sharing the same slate of candidates). You will have the opportunity to get to know the candidates and have your questions answered when they travel to Silicon Valley. And if you cannot attend an event, you can send a friend in your place that might want to experience our political process more intimately.
What we ask you to do:
- A $5,000 commitment per year. A minimum of $1,000 will go to the PAC to support ongoing operations and a minimum of $4,000 given directly to the candidates (in increments of $1,000 minimum for four candidates). And of course you can do more.
- Attend the candidate events, come prepared with questions, be an engaged donor.
- Introduce us to other friends who we should ask to join this important effort. You can put us in touch with them and/or share the invitation. If you have friends in Silicon Valley who might be interested, we can put them in touch with our sister PAC, Electing Women San Francisco (EWSF). We want to grow in 2018 and beyond.
- Suggest other events. As part of a community, we welcome your feedback and ideas on how we can grow your political understanding and strengthen our network.
- Join the Steering Committee. Members who contribute $5,000 to the PAC or recruit four additional paid members may join the Steering Committee and make decisions about which candidates to support and other administrative issues.
Why It Matters
- The U.S. ranks an unimpressive 83rd when it comes to women in the national legislature, among a group of 137 countries with data available. (Pew Research)
- 21 women currently serve in the U.S. Senate; that’s only 20% of the legislative body.
- There are only two Democratic women Governors currently serving in the U.S.
Questions? Please contact Alexandra Acker-Lyons at Alexandra@EWSV.org
EWSV is part of Electing Women Bay Area and the Electing Women Alliance.